The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) have just posted a new video on the safe development of nanotechnology, as part of their series of nano educational podcasts. The video features Risk Science Center director Andrew Maynard, and can be viewed directly below.
The podcast was shot and edited while Maynard was Chief Science Advisor at the Project on Emerging Nanotechnologies (PEN), and includes coverage of the PEN Nanotechnology Consumer Products Inventory.
This video is one of a series of visual and audio educational resources being developed by ASME on nanotechnology. These resources – which include interviews with experts in the field and cover both the applications and implications of nanotechnology – can be accessed here. Registration is required, but access is free.
- US Nanotechnology Environmental, Health & Safety Research Strategy open for comment
- Nanotechnology – what web resources do you find most helpful?
- Nanotechnology – unplugged
- Nanotechnology – Unplugged: archived webcast is available
- Risk Science Center director Andrew Maynard talks to NOVA about the dangers of nanotechnology